Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default power supply

And if war breaks out, a supply that is safe. Remember the tanker issue
with Japan - take them out and the boats stop.
Planes stop and back then even the trains. Coal was the best then oil.
Oil then was for the war.

East Texas was drained rather deeply sending it to the East in the Big
and little 'Inch' pipelines. All tax free. Texas got nothing from it.

Keystone is an independence key point.

Martin

On 3/15/2015 6:23 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 11:46:03 PM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:

As far as Keystone goes, I am absolutely against it. It's not our oil
and it's not being sold to us, so why endanger our fresh water for it?

The Canadian oil is going to be produced regardless of whether a pipeline is built or not. If no pipeline is built it will be transported to Vancouver, Canada and shipped on Tankers from there. Shipping by rail car is more dangerous and costly than shipping by pipeline.

If the keystone pipeline is built, some of the money will come to the U.S. as fees for using the pipeline. And more of the money will come to the U.S. as the refining will be done in the U.S. In addition the refined oil could be sent by pipeline to the East Coast. So even if the refined oil is shipped over seas by tanker, it will mean that the costs of gasoline and heating oil will be slightly less in the U.S.

Not building the Keystone Pipeline will not mean that the oil will not be used and will not keep the CO2 out of the atmosphere.

Dan