Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default power supply

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 12:25:02 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 09:06:30 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

I also do that with ebooks, spending zero to six bucks a CD full,
then
stashing them. There'll be more time for reading them in the future,
after the tangoes (foreign, or domestic false flag) take down our
grid.

I think it's more likely to degrade to rolling blackouts as in the
Third World.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_blackout

We haven't had a terrorist take a shot at our grid yet. Just wait.
It's not going to be simple, and it will surely be a helluva lot worse
than a rolling black or brownout. Got PREP?

We can't install new overhead transmission lines because they are
unsightly and decrease property values, or bury electric or gas lines
because blasting will harm wells.

So the fix is: modular nuclear power! Or fusion, whenever.

http://www.outdoors.org/conservation...ss-project.cfm

http://www.wmur.com/news/residents-p...urday/30222190

They have a pipeline planned here in Oregon, too.

With the advent of the super ground-hungry tunnel boring machines, why
aren't they burying transmission lines and pipelines yet, I wonder?

With Keystone, I can't imagine how it could be a good thing to put all
that oil, under high pressure, directly -over- 60%(?) of the nation's
fresh water sources.

-- Sir Winston Churchill