Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 12:47:48 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

The local trade school recently turned their Diesel shop into a
computer lab, so there'll be no more small engine repair courses.
Welding is the only night class left that isn't an art or craft. A
lot
of my machine shop stuff came from auctions of school shops being
repurposed into something more 'relevant' to a dumbed-down service
economy.

When I was in high school the college-bound kids took drafting and
wood shop and really learned from them since we competed to outdo
each
other. However auto shop was for parolees from Juvie.

-jsw

When I said "trade school" I meant post secondary - here in Ontario
that is Community College - a requirement for apprenticeship eading
the required licence or certificate of qualification - which is
REQUIRED for all regulated trades -electrician, plumber, mechanic,
all
regulated trades here.

In high school they no longer have "auto shop" - it's now
"transportation technology" and instead of learning to rebuild
engines
and transmissions they build motorized skate boards

Here they overlap:
http://www.ccsnh.edu/academics/running-start