Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 08:45:29 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
One of the
mechanics I talked to suggested to pad a replaced line with
windshield
washer hose and tie-wrap it to something nearby...

I used some clear hose (happened to have some about the right size)
at
the clips when I replaced one of the rear lines that runs along the
axle. Cut a slit in it to get it over the new line and then
positioned
the slit to be down or on the bottom. The whole area, whole line
actually was liberally coated with wheel bearing grease. I could
have
slid it over first and left it whole but I figured the slit would
let
moisture drain out.

--
Leon Fisk

Not that it matters at the rear axle, but I try to pre-stock and use
plastics known to survive engine compartment temperature like washer
and fuel tubing and radiator hose repair tape for DIY patching. I have
some tie-wraps, heatshrink, silicone-insulated wire and Anderson
connectors in there now to see how they hold up.

http://www.amazon.com/Dimart-Silicon.../dp/B00PGTAEXS
It's very flexible and rated for 200C. It just barely fits into a 30A
Anderson pin if I wind solder around the strands first to pull them
together.

I just missed capturing 3/14/15 9:26:53 on the clock this morning
because I forgot to shut off the flash.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_Day

-jsw