Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Flare brake lines?

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 08:45:29 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
One of the
mechanics I talked to suggested to pad a replaced line with windshield
washer hose and tie-wrap it to something nearby...

I used some clear hose (happened to have some about the right size) at
the clips when I replaced one of the rear lines that runs along the
axle. Cut a slit in it to get it over the new line and then positioned
the slit to be down or on the bottom. The whole area, whole line
actually was liberally coated with wheel bearing grease. I could have
slid it over first and left it whole but I figured the slit would let
moisture drain out.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b