Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Needle bearings

I know that. They come the way you want them.
M2 when hardened is like that... I bought M2 and M42
for push rods and axles and the like. All soft enough
to saw through. Information was provided on tempering
if wanted.

Martin

On 3/13/2015 6:46 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 23:08:30 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

I bought from these grinding companies.

http://www.cencogrinding.com/drillblanks.html

This place has high quality center ground drill blanks.
It comes annealed so it can be ground into real HSS drills.
Quote:

"From start to finish 100% American made.

We specialize in high speed steel drill blanks of all sizes from .005"
to 3.500" in diameter with a .0002 tolerance and lengths up to 60".

M-2 has a rockwell of 62-64.

M-42 has a rockwell of 65-67.

Then those aren't annealed. Those are the fully hardened values.

Drill Blanks are also known as core pins, punches, dowels, reamers,
gages, mandrels, pinions, and guide pins.

All of the above can be produced from a variety of materials and
hardnesses. "

This is where they sell them :

http://www.drillblanks.com/

And have a more updated web. The high quality Labrobe (or such
spelling) got theirs here - and may still do.
http://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Latrob.../dp/B000LDIR5Q

Martin