Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default power supply

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
On 3/8/2015 4:44 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Let's look at it again. Karl has a lot of video for entertainment.
He likes the idea of it all in one box. I have a lot of video
distributed across my network boxes of which none are complex or
expensive, they are just old reconditioned PC's from the office.
All of my video is on USB drives that sleep until called on.
Everything is on power strips with MOV's. I've had to repair the
box connected to the TV twice now due to failure to blow the dust
out once in a while. I think I have the cheapest best solution.

I second that.

The only time I watch most of what I've recorded is to check it for
OTA noise before a rerun is scheduled, to see if I need a better copy.
The rest of the time those matched backup pairs of USB drives stay
safe in the box. The few things I like enough to play again, mainly
music performances clipped with the VLC player from PBS, Glee, DWTS
etc, are on a convenient portable drive as well. USB2 is fast enough
to play back 1080i HDTV.

This should be the Duck Dynasty daughter dancing as Princess Peach,
though it won't play on my old XP system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyp8DfkJp1k

I've noticed that reruns may be trimmed shorter than the original
broadcast. With two backup copies playing side by side they stay
solidly in sync during the songs but the rerun drifts ahead of the
initial airing between them.

-jsw