Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Flare brake lines?

wrote:
I've seen LOPTS of cases where only a section, or several sections ,
less than an inch in length are corroded. I have many times replaced
only the section of line with corroded spots, saving a LOT of work.
Very common, for instance, on 3rd gen Tercels, which have a plastic
cover clipped over the lines and salt accumulates around the brake
line clips, rotting them through right at the clip.

Yep, very common for only small areas to rot. GMs like to rot where they
tuck the lines in next to the frame because the salt and dirt build up
and hold moisture.

--
Steve W.