Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Flare brake lines?

Jim Wilkins wrote:
A 3/16" (0.191") brake line on my Honda rusted through from the
outside and the dealer wants $1200 to take the front and rear apart
enough to thread a one-piece new one in.

What should I watch for when I splice in a repair section with
double-lap flare fittings? Advice on the Net is contradictory and not
too helpful.

TIA
-JSW

Many imports have bubble flares instead of the double flares common on
domestics.

Go get a length of Nicopp or Cunifer (same alloy different companies)
It's great stuff, bends easy, flares easy, doesn't rot. It's more money
than steel but less than stainless which is a PIA to work with.

Not hard to run the line yourself with this stuff.

OR you could go with the precut sections of steel and just couple them
with the correct parts.

--
Steve W.