Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] z14jc1@gmail.com is offline

Default Sanford SG 48 Surface Grinder Info Needed

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 9:47:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi All,

I recently bought a small bench top Sanford Surface Grinder, model SG 48. I believe this is the smallest model they made at the time. It came without a motor or bracket for mounting the motor. Would any of you have a sense of how the motor should mount and what the RPM of the motor should be. From the literature I downloaded it seems the motor mounted somehow on the back of the machine, but there are no photos that I could find. Does the motor move vertically with turning of the hand wheel? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Al

Al would you be interested in selling the grinder?