Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default TIre tools

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 13:00:34 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I've broke a lot of tires off the bead with a wagon jack under the bumper,
tow hook, or hitch receiver of a truck.

aka: farm jack & off road jack and probably few other things. Works pretty
darn good.

Last summer I needed to patch the tube in one of my backhoe tires.
After I got the wheel off of the machine I used the hoe to push the
tire off of the bead. Worked great. When putting the tire back on I
ran into a little trouble. Hanging on with all my weight to one of the
really long spoons it came out of the tire and I fell backwards
landing with my spine centered on one of the outrigger feet. It hurt
but I persevered and got the tire bead seated and got everything
mounted back on the backhoe. A couple weeks later I was getting a bone
scan to see if a cancer had spread and they found what looked like
one fractured vertebra. The doc asked if I had injured my back in any
way and I told him what had happened. He said that was good because if
I had not injured my back it would have been a sign of bone cancer.
Eric