Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default TIre tools

"dpb" wrote in message
On 03/10/2015 10:51 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

He told me it didn't fit their machine so he had to break the
solidly
glued bead by hand.

If it was truly "glued", not at all surprising to me and probably
would have been virtually impossible to do w/o damaging the tire
would be my best estimate no matter how approached it...

The brown glue residue was clearly visible. Since the inside of the
rims was rusty and Sears is nearly useless I bought tubes and mower
deck mandrels from a rural parts store that looked like a relic of the
1950's, complete with a sleeping dog in the middle of the floor. Their
web site prices were up to date, though.
-jsw