Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default TIre tools

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 08:09:20 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

The one time I took a glued-on 23" garden tractor tire to supposedly
the best local dealer they gouged the bead so badly it wouldn't
seal.

The moron probably did it dry.

We had a nice Hunter balancer and tire machine at Flynn's, to
complement the Hunter 111A 4-wheel alignment machine I used. Next
the tire machine was a 1gal bucket filled with soapy water and a mop
to run around the bead of the rim and tire prior to sealing. There
was also an inflatable band which went around the tire to make the
beads touch for easier seating. That can be cloned by using a
simple
rope and stick, tourniquet style. Yes, remove the valve core and
jam
the air hose directly down on the valve stem for quickest seating.
Once it has air in it, reinstall the valve core and use a chuck to
air
it to proper pressure.

He told me it didn't fit their machine so he had to break the solidly
glued bead by hand.