Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default TIre tools

wrote in message
On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 6:12:35 AM UTC-4, Karl Townsend wrote:

if you are super serious, get your email to me. I'll ask the kid to
send a couple pics. I'll BET a google search would turn up even
better
info here.

Karl

I am serious, but do not have any space to set up a regular tire
machine. I can manage with what I have, but would like some tools
that would make it easier, but not take up a lot of space.

I did a search and found lots of stuff,but most of it takes a good
deal of storage space and needs bolting to the floor.

Now if I just had you as a neighbor.

Dan

I traded some worthless junk for a discarded shop-made 1/4" plate
welding table of equal value. To make it storable I sawed off the 3"
channel iron legs at 6" and beveled 2x4 legs to fit into the stubs
snugly, and attached wheels to one edge to move it.

The HF mini-changer bolts to it. I put a wooden block under the rim
where I'm breaking the bead to support it more solidly than the
central post does.

When not in use the table and the changer take up little shed space
atop the cement block collection.

The HF clerk told me that the cast aluminum handle may be weak, so I
reinforced it with steel side plates.

-jsw