Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Home degreaser?

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
On 03/04/2015 03:23 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Dawn does pretty well on grease and oil. My dishpan still has
stains
from cleaning the truck's differential cover with it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=127999735

In dry weather Dawn makes the skin on my hands crack while Dial
doesn't, so I have two soap dispensers in the kitchen and bath.

I'm thinking I'll need something a little stronger than just a
detergent, ideally something that I can just dip/swish with a
basket,
instead of hand washing each part, but I might give it a go just for
fun.

Jon

An industrial chemist taught me to economize on solvent by dipping the
parts in three numbered cans sequentially. When the first became too
dirty it was poured out, the second poured into the first, the third
into the second, and the third refilled with clean solvent. Let the
solvent mostly drain off the parts before moving them to the next can.

For reference:
http://www.justritesafetyonline.com/...FaEF7AodQHYACw