Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Home degreaser?

Jon Danniken wrote:
I have a bucket of fasteners that I need to degrease, which may possibly
be an ongoing project (we'll see). If I only had a few I'd just use a
parts brush and some gaso^h^h^h^h, cough, I mean, um, kerosene, but
I'm looking for something non solvent-based.

Is automatic dishwasher powder still a viable option for this? Maybe TSP?

TSP might work, use the hottest water you can though.

I degrease stuff with plain old 409 or Fantastik. Use long gloves, no
matter they claim, the stuff is bad for you and is absorbed through skin
real fast.

Final rinse is lots of hot water, so things dry before they rust.