Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Home degreaser?

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
I have a bucket of fasteners that I need to degrease, which may
possibly
be an ongoing project (we'll see). If I only had a few I'd just use
parts brush and some gaso^h^h^h^h, cough, I mean, um, kerosene,
but
I'm looking for something non solvent-based.

Is automatic dishwasher powder still a viable option for this?
Maybe TSP?

I'm not quite at the stage where a hot tub of lye is called for.

Thanks for suggestions,

Jon

Dawn does pretty well on grease and oil. My dishpan still has stains
from cleaning the truck's differential cover with it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=127999735

In dry weather Dawn makes the skin on my hands crack while Dial
doesn't, so I have two soap dispensers in the kitchen and bath.

-jsw