Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe gwinn Joe gwinn is offline

Default aluminium sheet in a ceramics kiln

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 14:55:53 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

Plonk him any time.

I hadn't noticed, but I'll watch now.

I HAVE plonked a few major irritants here on the group, and it's made a
huge difference in both readability and 'irritation factor'.

It does. After so many years, I have kill-filtered over 85% of the
messages nowadays, so on days with 150 or so posts, I see only a dozen
or so. It's sad that the valid content has dropped so much. Filtering
crossposted messages took care of an immense amount of the crap in one
pop. I just wish Agent filtered on initial post ID so I could get rid
of all the posts by those who reply to the jerks I have plonked. I'd
switch newsreaders for that alone if they weren't all such a different
format. Agent is THE format for news. I wish others laid it out like
Forte' does. Online forums are immensely painful in comparison; so
clumsy and inefficient.

Can't you filter on "all headers" for the ID string?

Joe Gwinn