Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tomato growers

Now the electric company will turn you in for growing POT!

They got after me after I brought home Dad's metal lathe
and I got a mill. The electric bill shot up and the
power company called if they could come to test our meter... Ha!

That was in Kalifornia if you know what I mean...

Martin

On 2/28/2015 9:08 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 06:19:44 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

For the intensity level you are looking for, and efficiency, it would
be hard to beat high pressure sodium. LEDs just aren't there yet.

Joe Gwinn

I just spend the day yesterday doubling up. We built a real nice grow
area over the water pressure tanks in the corner of the basement. Now
have two high pressure sodium lights for a 6' x 4' grow area. I'd
guess double the light intesity of mid day summer sun.

Yeah, you wanted a gazillion lumens per micrometer, alright. shakes
head and gives a silly grin Whatever you do, DON'T tell the
insurance guy. And give those poor sprouts some SPF 75, will ya?

Got Milday a water wand and I'm going to set up a sump pump to pump
water through a hose for watering. hard for her to reach all the way
to water the plants in back.

What? You don't have a recirculating drip system installed yet?

Note: we don't use well water for the plants. They know its not as
good as snow melt or fresh rain water caught in the downspout.

Either/or for me. Good water is good water.

We been at this grow your own plants 30 years now, still finding ways
to do it just a bit better.

That's always a great idea. Carry on!

--
Now therefore, be it Resolved by the Fiftieth Annual Convention
of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, That we

--Veterans of Foreign Wars