George

Default Turning with magnets inside the wood

How about boring the appropriate size hole for ring magnets and tacking a
piece of dowel in the opening while turning. Bore, insert a screw, and
break the (hot) glue to mount the magnet?

Experiment with magnets. Some of those rare-earth types would stick so
tight as to make separation tough.

"Darren" wrote in message
I was thinking that I
could get those round magnets and embed them in the wood when I glue up

the
blocks before I turn them. After they are turned, they could be
magnetically attracted to each other without seeing the magnets involved.

The question - would there be any "issues" with turning a glued up wood
block with magnets on the inside?

Thanks
Darren