Darren

Default Turning with magnets inside the wood

I would guess that most people see the subject and say "what the hell?" ...
so bare with me on this ..

I make pepper grinder \ salt shaker sets for wedding gifts etc. I sometimes
make them the same size and have the salt shaker the exact opposite as the
pepper grinder (salt - convex shape where pepper would be concave) so that
they kind of "fit" together. I was talking to someone about them and they
said that I should try to really make them fit almost like a jig saw puzzle
when they are side by side. Then the thought went further that it would be
cool to have them "click" together magnetically. I was thinking that I
could get those round magnets and embed them in the wood when I glue up the
blocks before I turn them. After they are turned, they could be
magnetically attracted to each other without seeing the magnets involved.

The question - would there be any "issues" with turning a glued up wood
block with magnets on the inside?

Thanks
Darren