Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No evidence Clinton deserted; very solid evidence that Bush did

" on Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:24:44 -0800
(PST) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 11:37:27 AM UTC-5, Ed Huntress wrote:
Except he didn't desert.

He did desert. He didn't show up, ever.

Another non veteran who does not know the definition of desertion.

Fnord - I've heard the stories. Of the guy arrested for
desertion, even though he never got off post. Why? Because he
stripped off his uniform, declared he was deserting, and headed for
the gate.
OTOH, there was the guy who would go AWOL, get caught a couple
months later, but because he still had his uniform and ID card, could
(and did) argue that he had intended to return.

And my Dad knew of the situation where the guy had a fatal car
accident while on a three day pass. About two and a half days drive
from base. You reckon he was going to be back in time? "Technically",
innocent until proven guilty, and all that - well, yes, he hadn't yet
"gone over the hill."
--
pyotr filipivich