Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rudy Canoza[_3_] Rudy Canoza[_3_] is offline

Default No evidence Clinton deserted; very solid evidence that Bush did

On 2/25/2015 11:24 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 11:37:27 AM UTC-5, Ed Huntress wrote:

Except he didn't desert.

He did desert. He didn't show up, ever.

Another non veteran who does not know the definition of desertion.

How is it you manage to attribute my statement to Diana Huntress, you
bonehead? Diana is, in fact, a veteran.

This isn't hard to determine, idiot, and one need not be a veteran to
understand it.

In military terminology, desertion is the abandonment of a duty or
post without permission (a pass, liberty or leave) and is done with
the intention of not returning. In contrast, Unauthorized Absence
(UA) or Absence Without Leave (US: AWOL; Commonwealth: AWL) refers
to a temporary absence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desertion

The offense of desertion, under Article 85 carries a much greater
punishment than the offense of AWOL, under Article 86. Many people
believe that if one is absent without authority for 30 days or more,
the offense changes from AWOL to desertion, but that's not quite
true.

The primary difference between the two offenses is "intent to remain
away permanently," or if the purpose of the absence is to shirk
"important duty," (such as a combat deployment).

If one intends to return to "military control" someday, one is
guilty of AWOL, not desertion, even if they were away for 50 years.
Conversely, if a person was absent for just one minute, and then
captured, he could be convicted of desertion, if the prosecution
could prove that the member intended to remain away from the
military permanently.
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/justi...ldesertion.htm

Bush left and never returned, and he never intended to return. He was
not AWOL - he deserted.

Why are you ****ing and moaning about a political issue, when you
routinely whine about others posting non-metalworking content? ****ing
hypocrite.

--

I ceased in the year 1764 to believe that one can convince one’s
opponents with arguments printed in books. It is not to do that,

Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
1742 - 1799