Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tomato growers

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:30:40 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 07:14:05 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 19:48:59 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

My 'maters are about three inches high under a large 500W grow light
in the basement. We're only growing 80 this year, time to slow down a
bit.

Silly person. 500W?
Why haven't you moved to fluor or LED grow lights yet?

I moved away from flouresent because you can not get enough light
intensity like you can with the high pressure sodium.

Jeeze, what are you going for? 100,000 lm/mm2?

haven't look at LED, bet it would cost a small fortune.

From US builders, yes. They're ripping us off entirely. Chiwanese
imports are considerably cheaper, though. Search eBay for "full
spectrum LED" or "grow LED". They abound. Just beware the higher
density lamps. Heat kills them far too quickly. Some of them use
dual wavelength (both red and blue, 660/445nm) LEDs for their grow
lights, others use a more pure white light. I don't know which works
better.

Here's a high-watt LED for a penny: http://tinyurl.com/oyx2gte

This just in: Charge your phone with a fuel cell?
http://tinyurl.com/nqydpeg thud

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.