Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Tomato growers

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:24:09 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

My Serrano and bell peppers are doing nicely , the Anaheims and Jalapenos
didn't sprout in 3 weeks so I reseeded them . I never did get Anaheims to
germinate last year ...

I had good luck using the Gro-Dan rock wool starter cubes
http://tinyurl.com/opwexvo in plastic cups in a small
walmart bin with a snap on lid covered with a towel to
retain more heat over a seed warming pad. One trick [which
I have not had to use yet] is to soak the seeds 4 hrs to
overnight in a 1 to 5% potassium nitrate solution to
simulate passing through a bird's digestive system, which is
how the seeds are supposed to be dispersed in nature.
see http://tinyurl.com/m74fsrf

I really want to grow some of these for Chili
Rellenos ... got a couple of good recipes for filling .

You might want to try http://tinyurl.com/kw2famh

This years tomatoes are mostly San Marzano for sauces and salsa , a few
each of Roma , Mortgage Lifter , Beefsteak , and some mutt cherry tomatoes .
The Roma and the mutts are from saved seed , the rest are all purchased -
and all heirloom , I'll be saving seeds again . Over half of my garden this
year will be saved seed from previous years' crops .

Good Luck!

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"