Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default I love it when problems have neat solutions

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 3:35:01 PM UTC-5, wrote in sci.electronics.repair:

Safety is an anaethma to me. I think seat belts and air bags in cars
should be illegal. Instead put big spikes in the dash on the driver's
side so that if the stupid **** doesn't watch where he's going and
hits something he gets impaled. This will cure the assholes who think
proper following distance is one inch per hundred miles per hour. Of
course the doors are reinforced with I beams and sbit so if you get
Tboned you're alright.

Well, really. If car seatbelts are done away with, then school buses might also do away with theirs. Then, you can only imagine the fallout. So there's no chance seatbelts are going away.

Guards on saws. First of all, a guard on a table saw is the worst
goddam thing ever.

Safety technology has improved for table saws. The saw mechanism can actually sense when it is no longer cutting wood and is about to cut a finger or arm, etc... and it will stop cutting just in time.
-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esnQwVZOrUU

Second of all, if you are so clumsy or infirm that you might fall on
that blade or stupid enough to stick your hand on it, should you
REALLY be doing carpentry ?

Right or wrong, I still don't believe landlord's going to go for that one.

Even worse are those saws with the electronic brake that stops the blade in microseconds if your hand touches it. Now what happens when someone gets used to one of those and then later has to use a saw without that "feature". That "feature" might make them stupid enough to cut their hand off on a normal saw. What's more, electronics do break down, no question. Otherwise this newsgroup would not be here. So if that little sensor or solenoid stops working and someone cuts their hand off on a saw YOU guaranteed would NOT cut their hand off, guess who gets a bunch of money.

That's right, the lawyers.

And who said everything is 100% guaranteed? Guards on saws and mowers, etc.... at least "look" safe, right? Not only that, at least an honest attempt was made.

Then you get a structured setlement from a class action
lawsuit, and then sell that settlement to J G Wentworth

Not just them. Your local financial district has plenty of other financial advisors, some better, some worse.

for half its value and in the end, the culpable party never
paid a dime. You just borrowed the interest on it. The
stupidity of all this ****is overwhelming, really. In the only country to put a Man on the moon. Really, the only country to produce an extraterrestrial, albeit for a short time. But hey, even ET eventually went home right ? (never saw it)

I used to be one of the best TV techs,

Right, but then again, everyone says that about themselves, right?

and I can tell you that in the nbame of safety there is more
**** in there that stops it from working than makes it

They said that about transmission systems in the auto industry back in the late '60s with pollution controls.

work ! Reality is it makes it alot harder to troubleshoot
sometimes. Increases repair costs, which is good for the
manufacturer. In the old days, when the TV didn't have a good picture and was billowing smoke we would generally turn it off and call the TV Man. (well, we used to fix all of our own stuff, seriously) But that was common sense. People watched the TV. They watched their show, or there was a movie on that they found out about from the PAPER TV guide. Starts at eight, we'll turn the TV on at about 7:30 and let it get goood and warmed up. Then when
the credits roll at the end we turn it off. We don't lock all the
kids in a room with ****ing Sponge Bob all day. That breeds more
idiots.

I think the logic is that idiots are going to result no matter what's done. I think they lock them up with their smartphones, now. They're video games, cable TVs and computers and who-knows-what-else, all-in-one, now.

We used to spend time with kids. Kids cannot learn from
other kids, they must learn from adults.

Hopefully, yes.

And that is the fucvking problem, literally. Fucing makes kids, and the wrong people are ****ing.

And even then, the right people may become wrong too, five minutes later.

the useless biomass is reproducing alot faster than us useful
Men and Women. The useless are ****ing up this world and I
am all for not saving them from their fate anymore. Let
Darwin's theory prevail, really.

Come on, if you but an RV ith cruise control there is a sticker that says "When using the cruise control you must still steer the vehicle" because someone took it as they could set the cruise control and go in the back, and probaably **** to make another piece of biomass that should have been recycled before it was born for all the good it would do the human race.

Doesn't anyone think of contributing to human knowledge ? To the betterment of the human condition ? Even the betterment of humanity at all ?

I think we need to either start steriliing people or putting them in chastity belts or something. Well thre Norplany might
be workable. God damn, we got seven BILLION people. Tha tis
too much.

FWIW, the Constitution of the United States of America might get in the way of that.

Our food is from overproduced land and is thus has its
mineral content diluted and that is causing a ****load of diseases. When are we going to learn ?

Normally, you have to care first to learn. You can imagine whether or not that's the case.

So basically, I support letting Bubba die when he says "Hey
y'all watch this". I support things being unsafe. Use the dead
as an example to the young so aybe they get smart. If not,
off with their hand or heads or whatever. Consequenses teach
the best, so without consequenses, what happens ?

Well then, its hit or miss. Usually the problems of the world will resolve themselves if left to their own devices.

Now mind you I am not tlaking out of a lack of experience
here. I have been shot in the face, I have rolled a van all
the way across a hole of a golf course, I have had my ass totally kicked by three dudes, I have had my head go through the windshield of a 197 Pontiac Grand Prix, but if I had been wearing a seat belt I would be in a wheechair now because the people in the back hit
the seat moving it so far forward that I could not reach the
door handle.

Safety my ****ing ass, they make more money is more like it.
just like a motorcycle, if my head hits the ground at 85
MPH, I would rsather be dead. Done with it.

You mean without a helment on?