Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default I love it when problems have neat solutions

On Friday, February 13, 2015 at 8:56:51 PM UTC-5, Clare wrote:
On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 05:07:32 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 21:24:55 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:23:36 -0600, Ignoramus25764
wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
You know, this thread has got me thinking. Snow blowers are
dangerous! The exposed auger, the spinning impeller. It is amazing
that the government hasn't issued safety regulations to the point
that snow blowers are useless! Just think of all the really useful
chemicals that the government keeps away from us, to protect us from
our stupidity. Why hasn't that happened with snow blowers?

They are dangerous and there is no good reason to make them more
dangerous.

Methinks the danger element is being overplayed here (about as much as
with the "scary" garage door springs.

Tool.use.is.dangerous. Period. Use 'em or not. It's safer not to use
tools, so the choice is yours. Somehow, I doubt any of us will choose
not to continue their use.

And I'm sure that Bob knows that a city inspector could nail him
through OSHA for his mods, if they were seen.

I'd probably go the route clare suggested, with both safeties tied
into one control. At the same time, I'm ****ed at the ergonomics of
safety buttons needing to be pushed before you can use your chain saw
or power washer. They DO make it more difficult, but they can also
make the tools more dangerous to use.

Actually no more expensive than lawn mowers.

Which isn't saying much. Every caution sticker makes the price go up.
Look at ladders.

I still think they should remove all stickers and warnings so the
population would be cleansed of the Darwin Awardees more quickly.
This
just may head off the rapid spiral toward Idiocracy that we're
_hurtling_ into as we speak.

Did I write that "no more expensive than lawn mowers"? I meant no
more DANGEROUS than lawn mowers. Brain fart. (or a really whacky spell
checker!!!)

Its alright. Feel at ease, because I'm sure academia isn't going anywhere near this newsgroup for a language policeman issue.