Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I love it when problems have neat solutions

On 2/11/2015 9:42 PM, wrote:

I'd be rigging a cable and detent to hold the auger drive on as long
as the drive is held, and when you release the traction drive handle,
the pin pulls out of the auger drive, releasing it.

I'd be doing something like that if I were letting idiots run it.
Fortunately, I'm not.

Makes it conform to current safety requirements while also making it
convenient to operate.

Well, if it's a government requirement, we all know that the government
knows what's good for us.

Here's the best and simplest safety requirement that the government
could issue: don't be stupid.

Bob