Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ian Malcolm[_2_] Ian Malcolm[_2_] is offline

Default I love it when problems have neat solutions

Bob Engelhardt wrote in
:

I will concede that it's less safe. "Unsafe" is too absolute a term.
If it's no longer idiot proof, I can live (safely) with that. As I do
with the tied-down dead man on the mower, the removed blade guard on
the table saw, the removed trigger guards on the portable power tools,
etc.
Being aware is a much better substitute.

The benefit to me is much greater than to most owners. My driveway is
complicated and I doubt that I go 10' without adjusting the chute.
Much of the time I am continually adjusting it.

As always, YMMV.

Bob

So add a kill-cord switch just like an outboard and clip the kill-cord
to your belt. You will still be able to adjust the chute, but if it
gets away from you it shuts down.

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL