Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I love it when problems have neat solutions

I will concede that it's less safe. "Unsafe" is too absolute a term.
If it's no longer idiot proof, I can live (safely) with that. As I do
with the tied-down dead man on the mower, the removed blade guard on the
table saw, the removed trigger guards on the portable power tools, etc.
Being aware is a much better substitute.

The benefit to me is much greater than to most owners. My driveway is
complicated and I doubt that I go 10' without adjusting the chute. Much
of the time I am continually adjusting it.

As always, YMMV.

Bob