Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Excello spindle belt

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 19:15:47 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Shrug. Fortunately..one seldom needs to change the belts...every 10-15
yrs is about right..unless you are running it 5/8/365

And thank goodness! Because about the time the belt wears out, the vari-
sheave bushings are probably going, too!

Ayup. So you might as well check the bushings at the same time and
order a new set and epoxy them in. Good point indeed!

Ever change an R2E4 motor, belt, and both sheaves under an 8' ceiling?
It's a stunt, to be sure! Before we finally figured it out, we were
actually considering craning the machine over sideways to get at all the
stuff. (Might have made it easier, anyway... wouldn't have had to work
from a ladder, then.)

Lloyd

I do this stuff for a living. Fortunately..most machine shops have at
least a 10' ceiling and many are 12-15'

Thank Crom for that!!!

(Grin)

Gunner