Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tire weight alloy

wrote:

Well I mean back to reality though, Terry. If you want the best
explosive - or smokeless powder (if that's what you mean), you really
should have a friend or two there with you and all of you should have
taken college level chemistry courses. Best explosive such as in
heat? Light? Force? Pounds per square inch?

I mean, otherwise, you are just like a bunch of intermediate school
kids gathering dog crap and your own urine, etc... and playing with
make-believe fireworks, home made rifles, etc... on a saturday. When
I was a kid, I saw some dangerous stuff done by kids just for kicks
in the neighborhood.

None of that was long-time professional explosive manufacturing
complete with consultants, physicists, etc... Only that gets you
"the best", let's not fool ourselves,

Well , I'm not making smokeless powder , and wouldn't try , it's way too
dangerous a process without a full lab and the proper facilities since
you're so smart , explain to me what is "cross-linked double-based
smokeless powder" . Black powder , however is another thing entirely , and
that's what I'll be making . Three ingredients in long-standardized
proportion milled until all ingredients are intimately mixed , then
processed into the granulation you want/need . That ain't rocket science .
However , if it were I'd still have that covered . Back in my younger days I
worked with some very intelligent and well-educated fooks at a place called
Thiokol Chemical Corp . Their main product ? Yup , you guessed it , rocket
motors . I'd venture to guess I know more about "rocket science" than most
reasonably-well-informed folks , and almost certainly more than you .
"Home made rifles" ? Really ? Whether you like it or will even admit it ,
I'm probably a better machinist than half of the hacks out there doing it
for a living . And damn sure a better one than you .
--
Snag