Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tire weight alloy

On Thu, 5 Feb 2015 08:43:25 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 4 Feb 2015 22:17:47 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:
Did you know that it's
possible to convert a sidelock percussion arm to use modern boxer
primers ?

No, and that's not just because I'd never heard the term "sidelock"
before, either. :/ I like my guns to be semi-automatic, so I've
never looked into muzzleloading, single actions, or things of that
sort.

I like 'em all , and have or have owned most types . My personal
preference is for bolt actions with high-power scopes ... but semi-autos and
SA revolvers are fun too . The only type that has no place in my collection
is a full auto . I think they're a waste of ammo in most cases ... though in
full combat situations they can be quite handy .

Agreed. Full auto has its very tiny niche application: Downing (as
fast as possible) as many rioters/foreign soldiers which are running
at you. If you can't miss and there are lots of them, a full auto is
just fine. But people sure waste ammo with them. I wonder if even
the select fire (2-3 rounds) on M-16s is truly warranted, or just a
lesser waste of ammo than full-auto.

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her