Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default tool wanted

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Anybody have any made in USA 4" adjustable wrenches for sale? They just
don't seem to make them here anymore, even the 4" one from Klein is
imported nonsense.

I just want one or two because they're pretty darn cute. Ebay has nothing
but imports, new or used.

I've got a couple 4" adjustable wrenches as key fobs. It used to be a major
affectation for me when I was younger, but now they are just there. My
tractor key, and the spare key for my son's car still have them. After
reading your post I decided to look and see. One is a Master Mechanic
wrench stamped USA. It reminded me that back in the around '80 when my dad
opened his hardware store Master Mechanic tools (a TrueValue brand) were
still made in the USA. The other was an S-K wrench. It is also stamped
USA. I know S-K basically went out of business and then was recreated, but
they might be worth a look.