Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default height of V2XT

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 15:48:34 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

GROAN! That's even WORSE! 92" would require me to cut a small hole
in the ceiling, which COULD be done. But, if it is really 104",
that would come up inside the kitchen - which isn't going to fly.

But, the machine in question seems to not have the power drawbar.

Well, I let it go to another person. It got bid up to $33xx, which
was a bit steep for a machine that had been tipped over from
an unknown height and may have broken more stuff than was reported.

Hated to have to do that, but I just couldn't bid that kind of
money without seeing it in person.

I am limited to 7" Y travel on my CNC retrofit of an old
round-ram mill with the short knee. I managed to get a knee
and saddle off a BOSS, but just can't seem to find time to
have my mill down while I re-convert it.

Jon

I have available a very nice later model 2J bridgeport with vise and
power feed, that the seller likely could be talked into loading it in
your trailer for about $4500.
Comes with Mity DRO as well.

They put all new belts in it last year and then put it in storage.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke