Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default height of V2XT

Sorry for the ON topic post, but does anybody know the height
of a Bridgeport V2XT? There's one on eBay, and I just happen
to have the part that is broken on it. But, my ceilings
in the basement are 7' 7", and one place indicated the V2XT may
be slightly taller than that. Could anybody take an actual
measurement of it? Is there a way (like taking the drip
shield off the motor) to take a couple inches off the top?

Thanks,

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-01-27, Jon Elson wrote:
Sorry for the ON topic post, but does anybody know the height
of a Bridgeport V2XT? There's one on eBay, and I just happen
to have the part that is broken on it. But, my ceilings
in the basement are 7' 7", and one place indicated the V2XT may
be slightly taller than that. Could anybody take an actual
measurement of it? Is there a way (like taking the drip
shield off the motor) to take a couple inches off the top?

http://www.premierequipment.com/prod...-v2xt-cnc-mill

He says height is 104"

I am not surprised, my Interact is about as tall.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-01-27, Jon Elson wrote:
... But, my ceilings
in the basement are 7' 7", ...

http://www.premierequipment.com/prod...-v2xt-cnc-mill

He says height is 104"

7-7 is 91". 104 - 91 = 13". So, you'll need a 13" deep hole in your
cellar. G

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-01-27, Jon Elson wrote:
... But, my ceilings
in the basement are 7' 7", ...

http://www.premierequipment.com/prod...-v2xt-cnc-mill

He says height is 104"

7-7 is 91". 104 - 91 = 13". So, you'll need a 13" deep hole in your
cellar. G

It may be a bit lower, the 104 inches listed above included a power
drawbar.

If it is like my Interact, it would be a great retrofit project. And
Jon can save a lot on shipping if he uses a Pico systems control box!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-01-27, Jon Elson wrote:
Sorry for the ON topic post, but does anybody know the height
of a Bridgeport V2XT? There's one on eBay, and I just happen
to have the part that is broken on it. But, my ceilings
in the basement are 7' 7", and one place indicated the V2XT may
be slightly taller than that. Could anybody take an actual
measurement of it? Is there a way (like taking the drip
shield off the motor) to take a couple inches off the top?

http://www.premierequipment.com/prod...-v2xt-cnc-mill

He says height is 104"

I am not surprised, my Interact is about as tall.

GROAN! That's even WORSE! 92" would require me to cut a small hole
in the ceiling, which COULD be done. But, if it is really 104",
that would come up inside the kitchen - which isn't going to fly.

But, the machine in question seems to not have the power drawbar.

Thanks for the info!

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:14:07 -0600, Jon Elson

Ignoramus29264 wrote:

On 2015-01-27, Jon Elson wrote:
[...]

Well you could..could put the head under one of the cabinets. The wife
might think the garbage disposal is making a wierd noise..but hey....

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/27/2015 1:14 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
GROAN! That's even WORSE! 92" would require me to cut a small hole
in the ceiling, which COULD be done. But, if it is really 104",
that would come up inside the kitchen - which isn't going to fly.

Oh ... how about a little bump-out addition to the cellar? With a
bulk-head style cover/door that you could lower the mill through.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Elson wrote:

GROAN! That's even WORSE! 92" would require me to cut a small hole
in the ceiling, which COULD be done. But, if it is really 104",
that would come up inside the kitchen - which isn't going to fly.

But, the machine in question seems to not have the power drawbar.

Well, I let it go to another person. It got bid up to $33xx, which
was a bit steep for a machine that had been tipped over from
an unknown height and may have broken more stuff than was reported.

Hated to have to do that, but I just couldn't bid that kind of
money without seeing it in person.

I am limited to 7" Y travel on my CNC retrofit of an old
round-ram mill with the short knee. I managed to get a knee
and saddle off a BOSS, but just can't seem to find time to
have my mill down while I re-convert it.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 15:48:34 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

GROAN! That's even WORSE! 92" would require me to cut a small hole
in the ceiling, which COULD be done. But, if it is really 104",
that would come up inside the kitchen - which isn't going to fly.

But, the machine in question seems to not have the power drawbar.

Well, I let it go to another person. It got bid up to $33xx, which
was a bit steep for a machine that had been tipped over from
an unknown height and may have broken more stuff than was reported.

Hated to have to do that, but I just couldn't bid that kind of
money without seeing it in person.

I am limited to 7" Y travel on my CNC retrofit of an old
round-ram mill with the short knee. I managed to get a knee
and saddle off a BOSS, but just can't seem to find time to
have my mill down while I re-convert it.

Jon

I have available a very nice later model 2J bridgeport with vise and
power feed, that the seller likely could be talked into loading it in
your trailer for about $4500.
Comes with Mity DRO as well.

They put all new belts in it last year and then put it in storage.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

I have available a very nice later model 2J bridgeport with vise and
power feed, that the seller likely could be talked into loading it in
your trailer for about $4500.
Comes with Mity DRO as well.

Thanks, but I already have a retrofitted manual Bridgeport. It works
well, other than the limited Y travel and a bit more backlash than
I'd like. I have many of the parts to swap out the knee and saddle,
but am still missing a couple pieces. Anyway, if Missisippi is
a long way to haul it to St. Louis, California is a LOT farther.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sat, 31 Jan 2015 17:43:08 -0800
wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

[...]

Dang. Something tells me, a Mazda B2500 isn't going to be up to
towing that home. And I've no where to put it until ... September?
October?
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 21:49:03 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

I have available a very nice later model 2J bridgeport with vise and
power feed, that the seller likely could be talked into loading it in
your trailer for about $4500.
Comes with Mity DRO as well.

Thanks, but I already have a retrofitted manual Bridgeport. It works
well, other than the limited Y travel and a bit more backlash than
I'd like. I have many of the parts to swap out the knee and saddle,
but am still missing a couple pieces. Anyway, if Missisippi is
a long way to haul it to St. Louis, California is a LOT farther.

Jon

I also have a very nice Yuasa Accu-Tapper II available, on a nice
rigid steel work table, wired for 208 3ph and includes a very nice
commercal stainless steel tank and pump system for coolant under the
table. VERY clean and in good working order, Unknow number of change
gears but there is a good stack of them. Its very similar to this
STECO and will tap at minimum..1/2" taps with no issues and I was told
they were tapping with 5/8 taps in aluminum with no issues noted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STECO-LEADSC...-/121072672334

Make me an offer and Ill forward it to the client.

I have photos of the BP and the tapping machine on my camera, Ill
upload them to one of my online albums if anyone is interested

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

[...]

I probably could have Leigh haul it up to you on one of his northern
jaunts. Might not be for a while, but it wouldnt cost more than $500
or so to have it hauled from California to your locale on a truck and
probably less if Leigh does it. Gonna need some way to get it off the
trailer though on your end. They weigh about 1 ton..2000 lbs with the
vise etc etc.

Want photos? Ill put em up on my picasa page here in a little bit.

Gunner

--
pyotr filipivich

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

[...]

There are a couple exceptional deals here...might want to check em out

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...achinesForSale

I also have a low time OmniTurn Retrofit on a Hardinge HC for MUCH
less money. Very low time..it sat in storage for at least 12 yrs, but
Ill need to check it out before offering it up for sale.

--
pyotr filipivich

PJ O'Rourke

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sun, 01 Feb 2015 00:05:15 -0800

I have available a very nice later model 2J bridgeport with vise and
power feed, that the seller likely could be talked into loading it in
your trailer for about $4500.
Comes with Mity DRO as well.

Dang. Something tells me, a Mazda B2500 isn't going to be up to
towing that home. And I've no where to put it until ... September?
October?

I probably could have Leigh haul it up to you on one of his northern
jaunts. Might not be for a while, but it wouldnt cost more than $500
or so to have it hauled from California to your locale on a truck and
probably less if Leigh does it. Gonna need some way to get it off the
trailer though on your end. They weigh about 1 ton..2000 lbs with the
vise etc etc.

Want photos? Ill put em up on my picasa page here in a little bit.

Thanks, but I have a monster amount of work to do around the two
homesteads in the next 194 days. Pour Slab, build tool shed, pack,
move, haul to good will or dump what doesn't move, paint, fix, repair,
.... oh and execute the Nuptials.
--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 09:03:03 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]

Execute the Nuptials? You mean you didnt get a reprieve???

May God(s) have mercy on your soul.

(Grin)

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Oh My Buddha! Pete, I'm sorry. I hadn't heard about your
condemnation. Oh, wait, did you mean "kill" or "perform" when you said
"execute the nuptials"?

http://tinyurl.com/3kkftq2

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sun, 01 Feb 2015 14:16:57 -0800
[...]

I did, they didn't.

May God(s) have mercy on your soul.

And yours too.

(Grin)

B-)
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Sun, 01 Feb 2015
15:10:36 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

wrote:

[...]

Perform.

As I said in one announcement "If I had said I would die a
bachelor, obviously I never thought that I would live until I were
wed."

http://tinyurl.com/3kkftq2

There's a women's monetary near Goldendale ...
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 21:37:32 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Larry Jaques on Sun, 01 Feb 2015
15:10:36 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Oh My Buddha! Pete, I'm sorry. I hadn't heard about your
condemnation. Oh, wait, did you mean "kill" or "perform" when you said
"execute the nuptials"?

Perform.

As I said in one announcement "If I had said I would die a
bachelor, obviously I never thought that I would live until I were
wed."

I must have missed it.

http://tinyurl.com/3kkftq2

There's a women's monetary near Goldendale ...

Monetary? Does that make them golddiggers?

--
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings
we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Mon, 02 Feb 2015
07:46:18 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
wrote:

Larry Jaques on Sun, 01 Feb 2015
15:10:36 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Oh My Buddha! Pete, I'm sorry. I hadn't heard about your
condemnation. Oh, wait, did you mean "kill" or "perform" when you said
"execute the nuptials"?

Perform.

As I said in one announcement "If I had said I would die a
bachelor, obviously I never thought that I would live until I were
wed."

I must have missed it.

http://tinyurl.com/3kkftq2

There's a women's monetary near Goldendale ...

Monetary? Does that make them golddiggers?

Argggghhh - darn spell checkers with small fonts.

That's suppose to be "Monastery"
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Execute the Nuptials? You mean you didnt get a reprieve???

I did, they didn't.

May God(s) have mercy on your soul.

And yours too.

Far too late...Ive been married since 1974

Sigh

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Mon, 02 Feb 2015 10:17:01 -0800
wrote:

Execute the Nuptials? You mean you didnt get a reprieve???

I did, they didn't.

May God(s) have mercy on your soul.

And yours too.

Far too late...Ive been married since 1974

Sigh

Still not too late for the Generic Omniscience Deity to have
mercy, though.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques on Sun, 01 Feb 2015
15:10:36 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Oh My Buddha! Pete, I'm sorry. I hadn't heard about your
condemnation. Oh, wait, did you mean "kill" or "perform" when you said
"execute the nuptials"?

Perform.

As I said in one announcement "If I had said I would die a
bachelor, obviously I never thought that I would live until I were
wed."

I must have missed it.

http://tinyurl.com/3kkftq2

There's a women's monetary near Goldendale ...

Monetary? Does that make them golddiggers?

Argggghhh - darn spell checkers with small fonts.

That's suppose to be "Monastery"

Have the little woman schedule an optometric visit for you soon.
giggle

Gutter height Old_boat Home Repair 8 January 6th 19 03:33 PM
LCD TV height Smitty Two Home Repair 22 April 27th 10 01:25 AM
LCD TV height DerbyDad03 Home Repair 0 April 26th 10 06:11 PM
LCD TV height Larry Fishel Home Repair 0 April 25th 10 07:08 PM
Bar Height The Medway Handyman UK diy 7 May 21st 06 05:14 PM