Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hey Iggy - stepper motors ?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 06:39:20 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Richard fired this volley in
:

Add a feedback loop, and you have a servo.

Yup... but so many people are into "buy instead of make", they cannot see
that.

Quite often true, but it can also depend on which they have more of:
money or time. Lack of time can play heavily into that decision. So
can the need (or wish) to learn a machining procedure/method.

I'll buy an HF tool to do a quick one-off job. But if I see that down
the line I'll need it quite often, I'll either make a better one (if
possible) or buy the better brand-name tool for it. That brings value
into the equation, too. Those of us with less money are very familiar
with this aspect.

--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.