Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hey Iggy - stepper motors ?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 06:38:20 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

Since when were wiper motors made with servos, Lloyd?
Apples and Lambos.

Um... I didn't say they were.

Well, he said "wiper motor" and you said "servo", so it was
implied/inferred.

They can be made INTO servos quite easily,
and if you have an application that won't mind the inherent backlash in the
geartrain, they're quite powerful and quite inexpensive for the torque
they'll put out.

Aren't most power runs usually just removing background field
material? I would think that backlash wouldn't matter for many runs,
though I don't see where backlash would come into it during a run. It
would have constant feed, right, with limiters cutting off power at
the end of the run?

--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.