Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default Hey Iggy - stepper motors ?

On 29/01/15 18:30, wrote:
On Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 3:17:04 AM UTC-5, David Billington wrote:
And speaking of cutting gears , how about cutting pulleys for cogged belts
, anybody got experience doing that that they'd like to share ?

This article might be of use
http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/projec...Drive_Mods.pdf
Thanks for the link. I did not realize making pulleys for cogged belt was so simple.

Dan

Those HTD ones aren't bad, I used to know a guy that made the classical
timing belt types on a Fellows gear shaper and they were more difficult
to make by simple means IIRC, of course his speciality was machining
gears and he had the kit. These days with pilot bore ones being quite
cheap I would just buy them and alter them to suit, which I have done on
a few occasions recently.