Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus26840 Ignoramus26840 is offline

Default Hey Iggy - stepper motors ?

Terry, I only have tiny stepper motors, not NEMA 34 or 23.

On 2015-01-29, Terry Coombs wrote:
Got any stepper motors for cheep? I think nema 34's will work , I want to
power the X axis and maybe the Y on my benchtop mill . I have (or have
components to build) controllers and power supplies , can fabricate mounts
and the rest in house . I actually had an 18v HF drill motor all but
mounted , using a PWM controller and a 13.5 volt supply . At the speeds I
need it didn't have enough torque - though I may revisit that setup now that
I can cut gears .
And speaking of cutting gears , how about cutting pulleys for cogged belts
, anybody got experience doing that that they'd like to share ?