Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default height of V2XT

Ignoramus29264 wrote:

On 2015-01-27, Jon Elson wrote:
Sorry for the ON topic post, but does anybody know the height
of a Bridgeport V2XT? There's one on eBay, and I just happen
to have the part that is broken on it. But, my ceilings
in the basement are 7' 7", and one place indicated the V2XT may
be slightly taller than that. Could anybody take an actual
measurement of it? Is there a way (like taking the drip
shield off the motor) to take a couple inches off the top?

http://www.premierequipment.com/prod...-v2xt-cnc-mill

He says height is 104"

I am not surprised, my Interact is about as tall.

GROAN! That's even WORSE! 92" would require me to cut a small hole
in the ceiling, which COULD be done. But, if it is really 104",
that would come up inside the kitchen - which isn't going to fly.

But, the machine in question seems to not have the power drawbar.

Thanks for the info!

Jon