Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ping ! Winston Smith

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 10:22:26 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:04:14 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Does anyone know where to get a (reasonably priced) set of springs for
a hi-lift jack? Mine was a freebie from a garage sale which had been
in a fire. I keep meaning to see if HF has kits. Local 4x4 shops
want to sell a $200 replacement to me. To _me_? Hah! grin

http://www.hi-lift.com/hi-lift-jacks...-services.html

sigh I don't consider $25.51 + $8 s/h to be a reasonable price for
2 springs, despite the extra goodies included in the kit, so I'll keep
looking. Perhaps it's time for me to disassemble it and put the
springs in the truck so I can match them up when I find a local spring
repository. Doh!

The First Responder video on the Hi-Lift site is great. I'm sure I'll
remember some of the more innovative uses for the jack. I've been
using an old bumper jack for lots of things, like lifting porch roofs
off the railings to replace them. A 1-1/4" square steel tube fits
well if you grind the stops off the top for the tube to slide down.

--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
--Robert Schaeberle