Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hi-Lift Fix-It-Kit - springs / was ping ! Winston Smith

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:01:49 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 07:18:14 +0000 (UTC), James Waldby
wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:04:14 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:58:02 -0600, Pete Keillor wrote:
I made a T-post puller for my hi-lift jack. ...

My youthful experiences with bumper jacks convinced me to raise
unstable loads by hoisting from above whenever possible. Given that I
have a 1 ton shop crane and a 2 ton chainfall on a tripod, what would
a hi lift jack do better besides ride in the pickup bed?
-jsw

They are handy as hell for a lot of things. But they are simply ONE
tool..they dont replace all of your tools.

Ive used them for everything from pulling fence posts to changing
tires to bucking out buckled body work to lifting machinery so I could
put skates under them. Very handy for many things but not the sole
tool in your lifting kit.

PJ O'Rourke