Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hi-Lift Fix-It-Kit - springs / was ping ! Winston Smith

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 07:32:07 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 07:18:14 +0000 (UTC), James Waldby
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:04:14 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:58:02 -0600, Pete Keillor wrote:

I made a T-post puller for my hi-lift jack. Just a piece of 1/2"
plate maybe 6"x3" with a hole to fit over the tongue of the jack and
another to slip over the T-post. When the jack starts lifting, the
piece over the T-post binds, pulling the post. I saw one in a store
for $20, had the plate and a cutting torch, so there ya go.

Does anyone know where to get a (reasonably priced) set of springs for
a hi-lift jack? Mine was a freebie from a garage sale which had been
in a fire. I keep meaning to see if HF has kits. Local 4x4 shops
want to sell a $200 replacement to me. To _me_? Hah! grin

Put the following in a google search box:
Hi-Lift Fix-It-Kit
or see http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/fix-it-kit.html for
a $15-20 kit with
2 Climbing Pins
2 Climbing Pin Springs
2 Cross Pins
1 Shear Bolt & Nut
1 tube of jack lubricant

Whose package reads "WD-40". g

Are the "Climbing Pin Springs" the springs you referred to?

Yes. And those exact same kits are available from $17 to $39.98 (plus
possible s/h) depending upon your source. It really amazes me, since
entire farm jacks can be purchased for that same $39.95.

The Horrible Freight version yes..but an original Hi-Lift will set you
back at least $70 (Grin). Ive got 3 of them..one is needing the
up/down reverse lever. 2 of them are the "x-treme" versions which
will set you back $100+..unless you buy the blems on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-HI-LIFT-C...-/331458376195

These hi-lift jacks are going for $298 in "1st Responder" uniform
(paint). thud

Of course anything with 1st Responder on the name will hit you right
in the wallet

Hi-Lift jacks are very very handy to have in your kit.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke