Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default ping ! Winston Smith

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 14:10:04 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:58:02 -0600
Pete Keillor wrote:

I made a T-post puller for my hi-lift jack. Just a piece of 1/2"
plate maybe 6"x3" with a hole to fit over the tongue of the jack and
another to slip over the T-post. When the jack starts lifting, the
piece over the T-post binds, pulling the post. I saw one in a store
for $20, had the plate and a cutting torch, so there ya go.

I usually pull them out by hand, builds character don't you know

If I can't get it out that way I resort to a short loop chain, pry bar
and block of wood. Haven't had to resort to the hi-lift jack yet but
I've got several around. I'm not getting any younger though and may
have to resort to making a t-post puller for the jack in the future...

Whew! and maybe destroys backs. When I was young I pulled up several
plain fence posts by hand, but that was in Gulf Coast gumbo, not this
stuff. I don't think I could do that out of our caliche. I know I'm
not going to try.

Pete Keillor