Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby[_3_] James Waldby[_3_] is offline

Default Hi-Lift Fix-It-Kit - springs / was ping ! Winston Smith

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:04:14 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:58:02 -0600, Pete Keillor wrote:

I made a T-post puller for my hi-lift jack. Just a piece of 1/2"
plate maybe 6"x3" with a hole to fit over the tongue of the jack and
another to slip over the T-post. When the jack starts lifting, the
piece over the T-post binds, pulling the post. I saw one in a store
for $20, had the plate and a cutting torch, so there ya go.

Does anyone know where to get a (reasonably priced) set of springs for
a hi-lift jack? Mine was a freebie from a garage sale which had been
in a fire. I keep meaning to see if HF has kits. Local 4x4 shops
want to sell a $200 replacement to me. To _me_? Hah! grin

Put the following in a google search box:
Hi-Lift Fix-It-Kit
or see http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/fix-it-kit.html for
a $15-20 kit with
2 Climbing Pins
2 Climbing Pin Springs
2 Cross Pins
1 Shear Bolt & Nut
1 tube of jack lubricant
Are the "Climbing Pin Springs" the springs you referred to?

--
jiw