Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default ping ! Winston Smith

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:20:25 -0600
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

That's a great idea ! Not that I lack things to do , but I can sure make
the time to do that . Did the bunnies taste good ?

Wrong time of the year for eating. They have all sorts of parasite
trouble during the warm/summer months. Bummer but the old three "s"
solution. Shoot, shovel... Once it gets colder out the population drops
right off. All the predators, coyote, fox, GH Owl, feral cats... see to
it.

I mde a siple pole pounder , works well enough . Next step is making some
wire tripods to go on top since the trees are (or will soon be) taller than
the 5' width of the rewire I used for cages . First one I used 28" of wire ,
the rest will get 36" . I knew that coil of heavy galv wire would come in
handy some day ...

A coil of galv wire is a very handy thing to have around

I've got a bunch of old wire coat hangers that I cut up and use pieces
to attach the cages to the t-posts. Usually work good for one season.
Posts get pulled up each year, cleaned off and then stashed till the
next.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b