Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need some itty bitty machine screws

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 10:28:49 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 07:56:15 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Instead I sprayed the engine and underside with LPS-3 in the hope it
would seep into the thread gaps enough to keep out water. Generally
they have loosened easily when I did need to remove them years
later,
but a few hidden ones rusted and were much harder to remove.

Didn't the waxy film of LPS-3 (I've not used it yet) cause the
engine
to act like a dirt magnet?

It can be wiped off flat surfaces.

Which: the goop, the dirt, or both?

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,