Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Need some itty bitty machine screws

On 1/15/2015 8:43 PM, Rex wrote:

The heads aren't that much of an issue. A few are burred, but can be dressed with a file and re-blued. The immediate issue is an otherwise complete gun needing one (1) screw. Well, that and a recoil spring, but I'm working that with Wolff

When I have a slotted gun screw with a burr in the slot, I put the screw
in an aluminum jaw vise, then use a narrow flat face punch and a small
brass hammer to tap the metal back into place. This gives a stronger and
better looking slot. A touch of cold blue and its good to go.

David