Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need some itty bitty machine screws

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 17:06:04 -0800 (PST), Rex
wrote:

I'm trying to fix up a 1940s-vintage small-frame Llama.
It needs at least one grips screw, though I'd buy a hundred to get that one.
I have 5 of these guns, and most of them have some buggered slots, or threads or both.

The screw I need measures at M3 x .7mm, 5mm long
I think I can also use 5-36 US.

I can get A2 304 stainless M3X6 or M3X8 with DIN85 pan heads part #
421-137 or 421-042 from Spae Naur in Kitchener Ontario. Call
1-800-265-8772 for their order desk.

Both of those appear to be like hen's teeth.
If I can get the thread, I can adjust the length and the head diameter.
Need to be slotted pan heads

I have looked at MSC, McMaster-Carr, and Fastenal.
I have also dug through my lifetime accumulation of little fasteners until my fingers are raw.

Any suggestions on where I can source those?